01 09 10

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween

This was the first Halloween in YEARS that I really got to enjoy. I think as David gets older and understands the holidays a bit more, things get a bit funner for us. This year we had lots of Halloween themed activities to do.

A few weeks ago my cousin Ali and her husband Trace came into town and we went to a pumpkin patch, where we looked (yes just looked) at pumpkins and David had fun getting into the bouncy houses and going down the slides.

We attended the Nestle Halloween party where David got to dress up as a crazy and creepy science guy, Greyson was a cute little skeleton and David was a Jedi knight. We had yummy Nestle treats and David got some candy at each station (cause we don't have enough at home). It was fun to meet more of David's colleagues, visit his office for the first time, and have lunch in the cafeteria.  The buddy didn't want to leave.

We had our ward Trunk-or-Treat the following day where David, having a white wig and lab coat decided he and David should dress up as Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly from Back to the Future. We were lucky to already have all of the essentials to create us a cute little Marty. It was the Perfect year to do it since this is the year that Marty visits in Back to the Future 2. Greyson was in a fox suit I made him. It only took me about a million tries to get the suit right. I can't even remember the times I had to unsew what I had just sewn. It was worth it because he looked freaking ADORABLE!

We had another Trunk-or-Treat we were invited to this Friday. So lots and lots more candy and fun for little David. All week he just has been grabbing his bucket and saying "trick or treat mami, trick or treat". Oh how disappointed he will be once he realizes it's all over.

Yesterday We went Trick-or-Treating with some friends and my cousin. David and David (should I start calling him by his middle name?) went again as Marty and Doc and we got LOTS of candy. I should mention that these last few weeks I've been off of sugar during the week, and the last couple of days I've made up for those days. I have quite the tummy ache.....but it's all worth it. The Reese's are gone now so I'm not as temped......We will see if my no sugar on weekdays continue....maybe I'll just end up with Diabetes at the end of this post with all I've been having today.

I hope you all had a fun filled Halloween! Let the Holiday madness begin!








No comments:

Post a Comment